Kids Away at School? Hook 'Em Up With Healthy
It's that time of year when parents across the country load up their cars and send their children off to college. Whether your child is starting their collegiate journey for the first time or entering their senior year, you can be sure there will be times when they really do miss home and your home cooked meals.
While it may not be feasible to send a crockpot filled with their favorite dinner, you can settle for the next best option and send a care package filled with natural products. Below are some custom-designed care packages that are sure to make your beauty queen, sweet tooth, breakfast lover and movie fanatic student the most popular kid in the dorms.
4 Unique College Care Packages
For the Beauty Queen
- Peacekeepers Cause-Metics' Yum Glaze Lip Gloss: This 95% organic product contains goji extract, pomegranate oil and sea buckthorn extract.
- Burt’s Bees Facial Care Radiance Daily Cleanser: A great everyday light, lotion cleanser with royal jelly, fruit acid complex and coconut oil.
- Go Ginger Face Moisturizer: The power of healing organic ginger to help hydrate and restore skin.
- Beecology Honey Hand & Body Cream: Honey, olive oil and shea butter keep hands soft!
Got a Sweet Tooth?
- Newman's Own Licorice Twists: A yummy, all organic licorice that comes in traditional black and strawberry as well as pomegranate and tangerine. Great snack while studying!
- Morning Sunshine Breakfast Cookies: Remember when your kids asked for cookies in the morning? Give them these without any guilt!
- The Inspired Cookies Brownie Bliss: Delicious cake and fudge brownies that are gluten-free and vegan ... and full of flavor!
- Benish’s Bakery All-Natural Biscotti Variety Pack: Anyone who starts the day with coffee will love these crunchy cookies that come in four decadent flavors.
Breakfast Does a Body Good
- Boulder Original Organic Granola: A healthy way to start the day ... and a great snack to keep you going during classes. Other flavors include chocolate chunk, cranberry ... there's even gluten free!
- Cocomama Orange Cranberry Quinoa Cereal: Whether it's orange cranberry, banana cinnamon or one of the other fab flavors, this will fill you up with plenty of protein.
- Tiny Footprint 100% Organic Coffee: To get the day off with a smooth start. Upgrade to dark roast for an extra boost for late-night studying.
- Kashi Go Lean Hearty Honey Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal: Kick those other high-sugar instant oatmeals to the curb and replace it this high-fiber, high-protein cereal filled with whole grains.
Settle in for Movie Night
- Late July Multigrain Snack Chips: A delicious, gluten- and GMO-free, multigrain tortilla chip great for snacking, dipping, nachos and more.
- White Girl Mild Tomatillo Salsa: To dip the Late July chips into! Also comes in medium spicy, smoky-chipotle and cranberry mango. We love this stuff!
- Quinn Microwave Popcorn: Healthy microwave popcorn? You bet ... and even the bag is chemical free! Great flavors like parmesan and rosemary, Vermont maple and sea salt and lemon and sea salt. Watch for new flavors soon!
- Oogie's Gourmet Popcorn: Don't have a microwave? No worries. This all-natural, non-GMO popcorn is delicious and comes in multiple flavors like white cheddar, spicy chipotle, smoked gouda, kettle corn and movie lover's butter!