Beans, Beans the Magical Fruit the More You Eat...
OK, we know all about what those magical beans do, but let's put our childish giggles aside for a moment. Beans are an incredible source of protein, especially if you follow a vegetarian or vegan diet. Regardless, beans in soups, salads, side dishes and more add flavor and texture to your meal. And when you need a quick snack, hummus, made from garbanzo beans (or chickpeas as they're also known) should always be at the ready.
Our friends at Dulcet came up with a simple and delicious hummus recipe. Sure you can buy a package from the store (hey, we love it, too) but think of the satisfaction you'll have when you create this dish all on your own. And how great you'll feel when everyone tells you how great is it and how great you are. But they already do that, don't they?
Dulcet's Zesty Hummus
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Dulcet Lemon Mustard & Dill Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place garbanzo beans and garlic in a food processor and puree.
- Using the feed tube, slowly add the olive oil and the Dulcet Lemon Mustard & Dill Sauce.
- Puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with fresh vegetables, pita bread, chips or crackers.