Birch Benders Cinnamon Oat & Walnut Pancakes
Do you love oatmeal raisin cookies? Ever think about trying it in pancake form? Birch Benders Micro-Pancakery combines their Six Grain Cinnamon Just-Add-Water mix with Boulder Granola cranberry granola, adds walnuts, raisins, some vanilla and fresh fruit to top and the result is this wonderfully delicious sweet breakfast treat.
Birch Benders Cinnamon Oat Walnut Pancake Recipe
(Yields 6-7 four-inch pancakes)
- ¾ cup Birch Benders Six Grain Cinnamon Just-Add-Water Pancake Mix (24 oz)*1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Boulder Granola Cranberry Granola
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Handful golden raisins
- 1 handful walnuts
- Fresh fruit (we used blackberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- Optional: confectioner’s sugar
*Six Grain Cinnamon Just-Add-Water Pancake & Waffle Mix also available in small 2.5 oz. jar (makes 2 four-inch pancakes or waffles) and large 10 oz. jar (makes about 16 four-inch pancakes or waffles). Just add water to jar!
- In a bowl, whisk together pancake mix, water and vanilla until batter just combined. Fold in granola and raisins.
- Lightly grease a griddle or frying pan (we recommend canola oil) and heat over medium high until oil bubbles begin to form, or a drop of water sizzles when splashed on surface. Pour batter onto griddle and cook pancakes until golden brown.
- Add a dollop of applesauce over each pancake and garnish with nuts and fruit. If you’re feeling extra festive, sprinkle some confectioner’s sugar on top, and enjoy!