Bittercube Jamaican Oaxacan Old Fashioned
Ready to kick summer into gear? Make a batch of Oaxacan Old Fashioned cocktails for your Memorial Day bash. This recipe calls for reposado tequila, mezcal for a smoky essence and Bittercube's Jamaican #2 bitters, offering up tropical grapefruit, hibiscus, vanilla and ginger. It also calls for a homemade cocoa nib tincture, so if you're up for a little DIY action to impress your friends, this is a great cocktail for you.
Bittercube's Oaxacan Old Fashioned Recipe
- 1.5 oz Cazadores
- .5 oz Sombra
- .25 oz simple syrup
- 2 droppers Bittercube Jamaican #2 Bitters
- Garnish: orange peel and 3 drops cocoa nib tincture (see below)
- Glass: Rocks
- Ice: Chunk
- Stir, strain over chunk ice and add garnish.
Cocoa Nib Tincture Recipe
- 15 g cocoa nibs
- 22 g Everclear
- Add cocoa nibs to a jar then add Everclear.
- Shake every day for 3 weeks