Buck the Trend With Buckwheat Crepes & Chocolate Spread
Crepes make for an easy breakfast, brunch or dinner. Once you get the hang of making them you can cook a stack of them in no time. Just fill them with your favorite sweet or savory fillings. This recipe uses our Barefoot & Chocolate spreads. You can use either the hazelnut or the almond coconut. Garnish them with strawberries for a lovely sweet treat.
Chocolate & Strawberry Buckwheat Crepes Recipe
- 1 ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 T melted butter
- ½ cup + 2 T all purpose flour
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 3 large eggs
- Barefoot & Chocolate Spreads -- either hazelnut chocolate or almond coconut chocolate
- Vegetable oil for greasing the crepe pan
- Strawberries to garnish
- Crepe pan or large flat bottom skillet
- Crepe batter spreader
- Add all ingredients (besides vegetable oil and strawberries) to a large
mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Place batter in the fridge for at least 1
hour before using, but better if left overnight. The batter should be the thickness of cream.
You can adjust thickness by adding a spoon of milk to the batter if it is too
- Heat your crepe pan over medium-low heat.
- When the pan is up
to temperature add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and spread the oil over the
surface evenly using a spatula or paper towel. If your pan is well seasoned you
will not have to add oil for every crepe.
- Add batter to the center of the pan; how much batter depends on the size of your crepe pan. Let it sit for just 5
seconds and then using a crepe spreader use a circular motion to spread the
batter evenly. You do not need to apply pressure.
- Let it cook until brown
(about 1 minute) and flip over carefully using a long spatula.
- Cook on the other side for about 45 seconds. Flip back over and add your favorite fillings before folding over the crepe in half. Repeat and enjoy!