Chef Stephanie Izard's Holiday Spaghetti Squash
You love spaghetti squash and its stringy yumminess. Change up the recipe this year by adding a mix of sweet and savory flavors with beautiful fresh red cranberries, green onion, Spanish onion and chef Stephanie Izard's Rub #1 from her The Flavor line. Izard prepares a butter from the rub, which incorporates flavors like rosemary, cayenne pepper, paprika and mustard seed. She calls this the "duct tape of all rubs," so you know it'll all blend together.
Chef Stephanie Izard's Holiday Spaghetti Squash with Rub #1
(Yield: 4 servings)
- 2 medium spaghetti squash, sliced in half and cleaned of seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced thin
- 3 T green onions, sliced thin
- ½ cup Rub #1 Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub the inside of the spaghetti squash with ¼ cup of Rub #1 butter. Place squash inside down onto a parchment lined sheet tray and allow to bake for 25 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to be handled.
- Using a fork scrape out the flesh of the squash into a bowl. Discard skin.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add remaining ¼ cup of Rub #1 butter. Add onions and sauté until tender. Add cranberries and green onions. Toss until well coated in butter and pour over spaghetti squash.
Rub #1 Butter:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ tsp Rub #1
- In a bowl combine butter and Rub #1, mix well.