Cirtus, Sriracha, Dijon Grilled Chicken That's Hella Good!
What's more simple or satisfying than grilled chicken? Not much. This simple recipe is tasty, easy and unique and takes the simple to spectacular with bold flavors like spicy sriracha, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, garlic and citrus bitters from our friends at Hella Bitter. Your taste buds will thank you for making this easy recipe.
Sriracha, Dijon, Citrus Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken — 2 or 3 lbs. broken down into thighs/drumsticks and breast or get 2 pieces per person chicken thighs and legs from your local butcher.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 T salt
- 1 T fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Citrus Bitters
- 1 squirt Sriracha or more to taste if you want it spicy
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- .5 Tsp minced thyme leaves
- In a metal bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well and taste to adjust salt and spice to your palate.
- Add chicken to the bowl and coat thoroughly, make sure to rub some marinade under the skin. Set aside for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours covered in the fridge.
On Grill: When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium. When hot, place chicken pieces on grill turning frequently so the outside is evenly cooked. White meat will be done in about 15 minutes; dark meat will be done after about 25 minutes.
In Oven: Preheat to 375. Place chicken pieces on a back tray or in large cast iron skillet.* Place in oven and cook for about 30 minutes until the chicken is firm to the touch.
*If using cast iron, preheat the skillet as well so the chicken crisps up nicely while it cooks.