Decadent Gluten-Free Double Chocolate-Cacao Nib Holiday Biscotti
We love it when two great things come together to make something even better. In this case, our friends at Zema's Madhouse Foods and Nibmor Chocolates teamed up to create this festive gluten-free holiday double chocolate-cacao nib biscotti recipe. With wonderfully rich dark chocolate, tart dried cherries, walnuts, vanilla and maple syrup how could it not be a holiday party fave?
Zema's & Nibmor Double Chocolate-Cacao Nib Biscotti Recipe
Yields: 25-30 biscotti
- 1 package
Zema's Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 2 T grapeseed oil (or melted dairy free butter or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup pure
- 2 eggs (or 2
- ½ tsp. pure
- ½ cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds or walnuts
- 2 bars
Nibmor Dark Chocolate Bar with Cacao Nibs, roughly chopped into pieces (or any
other dark chocolate bar)
- 1 tsp palm
*Instead of using powdered egg replacers, we like to use a chia egg by mixing 1 T chia seeds with ¼ cup water. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken/gel and that’s your egg.Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine grapeseed oil, maple syrup, eggs (or
chia eggs) and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Stir in Zema's mix into the wet ingredients and
combine. Fold in the dried cherries,
sunflower seeds/walnuts and dark chocolate.
- Split the biscotti dough into two equal halves and place them
on the tray lined with parchment.
slightly wet fingertips, shape each of the halves into 2 logs, approximately
12 inches long and 3 inches wide.
- Sprinkle the tops with the palm sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool for 15
minutes. Turn oven down to 300 degrees
- Using a serrated knife, slice the
logs into pieces about ½-inch wide and lay them flat onto the cookie
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, take them
out and flip them over then bake for another 12-15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two