Don't Be Chai. Enjoy These Spice Cookies
Even though fall just started, you can already smell the change in the air. People are donning sweaters, the sun is setting a little earlier and kitchens are filled with the wonderful scents of the season. You may not think of Indian food as typical fall fare, but when you think about specific spices and seasonings — cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, to name a few — it really is. Our friends at Easy Indian have crafted this aromatic cookie recipe that uses their harvest chai spice blend. We can't wait to whip up a batch. Even better: Why don't you make some and have us over? We'll bring the milk.
Easy Indian's Chai Spiced Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Easy Indian Chai Spice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Powdered sugar for effect
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together butter, sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Mix in Easy Indian Chai Spice, flour and salt to achieve dough consistency.
- Place teaspoon-sized round balls of dough on baking sheet.
- Place in pre-heated oven (350 degrees) and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cooled cookies with powdered sugar and enjoy.