A Bloody Mary Disguised as a Martini
If you love the taste of a Bloody Mary, but don't like how it sometimes tends to be a little thick, a tomato water base to make a spicy martini may be just what you desire. This recipe from Gator Ron's combines fresh tomatoes with either their original Divine Bloody Mary Mix or their Chesapeake mix, allowing all the flavors — habanero peppers, lemon, brown sugar, fresh horseradish, tomatoes and more — to blend and steep. When you let it "separate" overnight, you collect the flavored tomato water to then mix with vodka or gin. It's a great cocktail for Sunday brunch or a warm summer night.
Bloody Mary Martini Recipe
- 8 tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Gator Ron’s Divine Bloody Mary Mix (or use their Chesapeake Bloody Mary Mix)
- 1 1/2 T salt
- Dice tomatoes and toss with Gator Ron’s Divine Bloody Mary Mix and salt.
- Let macerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Blend in blender or food processor.
- Pour in a sieve lined with cheesecloth, let sit in refrigerator overnight over a bowl to catch the 'water.'
- Combine with vodka or gin, garnish with olives, tomolives or limes. Serve & enjoy!