Fancy a Cranberry Brie Turkey Bite?
Editor in Chief
November 4th, 2013
If you're looking for a quick-and-easy Thanksgiving appetizer, this recipe for HerbNZest's cranberry brie turkey bites is the one. This flaky and creamy puff pastry pairs the sweetly tart taste of cranberry with spiciness of chipotle, savory turkey and nuttiness from pecans. Make sure your guests save room for the main event!
HerbNZest's Cranberry Brie Turkey Bites Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Thaw puff pastry dough and sprinkle with flour so it doesn’t stick.
- Slice it into 3 equal parts, than slice those in half so you have 6 equally sized rectangles.
- Stretch the dough out to make a square (or as close to a square as you can get) and place them in a regular-sized muffin tin. (Spray tin with Pam or similar product if it isn’t non-stick).
- Spread out the dough so it fills up to the edges, to form a little cup. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the pastry is baking, cut the brie into small bite-size pieces (about ½ inch by ½ inch) and shred the turkey into pieces about the same size.
- When the pastry cups come out, place one brie cube into each cup and put back in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Take the cups out and then place the turkey on top of the cheese and spoon a tablespoon full of HerbNZest Chipotle Orange Cranberry Relish to cover the top of the pastry. Garnish with pecans or walnuts.
- Bake for another 3-5 minutes, drizzle with honey and serve hot.
Editor in Chief
Ari joined Abe's Market after years of covering music, lifestyle, wine and food for the New York Times, AP, Rolling Stone, Eater, Huff Post and more. He lives naturally by biking, hiking, green juicing and avoiding high-fructose corn syrup at all costs.