Fear'ed Fish Tacos With Spicy Pepper Relish
Want a quick, easy & healthy fish recipe with a little kick? Regardless if you're an at-home chef or the type of person who can't even make a piece of toast, this delicious recipe using Cottage Lane Kitchen's Cape Fear relish will have you feeling like a pro. The award-winning spicy pepper sauce made with pineapple and fresh citrus will make your fish — and whoever is eating it — sing. If you like some heat, the habanero peppers will bring a smile to your face. Top off your fish tacos with avocado and a little rice and beans for a super easy and tasty meal.
Cape Fear'ed Spicy Pepper Relish Fish Tacos Recipe
- 2 pounds catfish or grouper chunks (or whatever fish you prefer)
- 2 onions cut in half inch slices
- 5 T of vegetable or olive oil + 1 T butter
- 1 T of Cape Fear spicy pepper relish per taco (or more, depending on the level of spice you are looking for)
- 8 flour tortillas (warmed in oven)
- Caramelize the onions by tossing them in vegetable or olive oil and add to a heated pan with the melted butter. Cook on a low heat stirring often and add a bit of salt after 10 mins. Cook up to 30-40 mins on low heat and keep stirring every few minutes to ensure they do not burn.
- Remove onions from pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Add fish to the same pan (add a bit more oil or butter, if necessary) and cook on a medium heat for three minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Be careful to not over cook! Spoon fish into warm the tortillas, add onions and top with Cape Fear relish.
- Tasty Tip: Add avocado, tomatoes, arugula and/or cilantro for extra tasty tacos!
- Serve with salad, rice and beans.