Feta & Beet Crostini? There's an App For That
Looking for the perfect seasonal appetizer for the holidays this year? If you love feta and beets, this one is for you. This recipe, which utilizes Scrumptious Pantry's Red Beets, takes just a few minutes to prepare, but offers plenty of time to enjoy. Add in extra virgin olive oil, minced thyme, shallot and rustic country bread and you have a fantastic app to serve when your guests arrive.
Scrumptious Pantry's Feta & Beet Crostini Recipe
- 5 slices rustic country bread
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 1 finely minced shallot
- 6 slices Scrumptious Pantry Red Beets
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 springs minced thyme
- Pepper to taste
- Chop pickled beets into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Crumble feta into a small mixing bowl.
- Mix well with beets, minced shallot, thyme, pepper and EVOO.
- Lightly toast bread slices and cut into four equal pieces.
- Top bread with cheese and beet mix.