Get Sweet With a Spicy Moroccan Chicken
If you can handle the heat, then get in the kitchen. This Moroccan chicken dish* uses a few seasonings from Simply Organic, like cinnamon, cumin and crushed red peppers. So if you or your family loves an exotic dish with other ingredients like raisins and honey to add some sweet to the heat, this one can't be beat. (Sorry, couldn't help it.) Speaking of sweet heat, grab a jar of Mina Harissa, traditional red and green Moroccan sauce that, when drizzled over top and mixed in, can add a delicious kick to this dish.
Sweet & Spicy Moroccan Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound chicken, diced to 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 T honey
- 24 ounces salsa (use your favorite or check out White Girl Salsa)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 jar Mina Harissa red or green chile sauce (optional)
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add diced chicken, oil and pepper flakes. Stir until heated.
- Add spices. Stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add honey, stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add salsa, stir to combine.
- Add raisins, stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with warm pita.
*Recipe originally created for Simply Organic by chef Keith Biggs.