Gluten Free 3 Bean and Chicken Sausage Kale Soup
This hearty soup warms up chilly nights. Use any type of canned beans you happen to have on hand and add rotisserie chicken or Italian sausage for a heftier dish, if you prefer. Or, omit the meat all together for a perfectly satisfying vegetarian dish that's also gluten free and dairy free.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Three Bean and Chicken Sausage Kale SoupIngredients:
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups organic vegetable or chicken broth
- 7 cups chopped kale
- 12 ounce package of your favorite gluten-free chicken sausage
- 3 cans (15 ounce) cans no-salt-added beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high
heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, carrot, celery and
fennel and sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in 1/4 tsp salt, pepper and
garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in 7 cups broth, kale and sausage.
Cook 5 minutes or until kale starts to wilt.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cans beans, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
- Put remaining 1/2 cup broth and 1/2
beans in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Add pureed bean
mixture to soup.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.