Gluten-free Beer Battered Shrimp. Yes, They Do Exist.
If you love breaded fried shrimp, but live a gluten-free lifestyle you no longer have to feel left out. Whip up a batch using Zema's Madhouse Foods gluten-free Rosemary-Millet Pizza and Focaccia Mix for the breading and you'll be set. In fact, you may have to have your friends at the Super Bowl monitor your intake and make sure you share.
Gluten-free Beer Battered Shrimp Recipe
Yield 24 shrimp
- Zemas Gluten Free Rosemary-Millet Pizza & Foccacia Mix
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground
- ½ tsp garlic
- ½ tsp paprika
- 12 ounces
- 2 dozen
uncooked shrimp, thawed if frozen
- oil for frying (we recommend: grapeseed, safflower or non-gmo canola)
- Heat a pot
of oil (4-6” deep).
- Place a thermometer
into the oil to ensure the temperature stays at 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing
bowl combine the dry ingredients.
the beer into the dry mixture.
- Once the
batter is thoroughly combined begin dipping your shrimp in one by
- Drop the battered shrimp gently
into the oil, do a handful of shrimp at a time.
- They are done when the tail becomes pink and the crust is a
deep golden brown.
- Place onto a plate covered with paper towel (to soak up the oil) and sprinkle with salt.