The Ginger People's Gluten Free Lemon Ginger Pancakes
By: Abbie Leeson Owner, The Ginger People/GO Skin Care April 30th, 2014
Surprise mom this Mother's Day with breakfast in bed. Here's our favorite gluten free pancake recipe, combining the light citrusy zest of fresh lemons with the delicate spicy-sweetness of ginger.
Gluten-free Lemon Ginger Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 T sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T The Ginger People Crystallized Ginger finely minced
- 6 T unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for the griddle
- The Ginger People Organic Ginger Syrup, warmed up for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk flour with sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk with the eggs, vanilla, zest, lemon juice, crystallized ginger and melted butter.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle and brush lightly with melted butter.
- Scoop 1/4-cup mounds of batter into skillet and spread 3-inch rounds.
- Cook over moderate heat until pancakes are golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- Flip each pancake and cook until fluffy and cooked through, about 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer pancakes to plates and serve with ginger syrup.
Be In The Know!
Want to stay on top of news and promotions from Abe's? Sign up for our newsletter.
Owner, The Ginger People/GO Skin Care
A wife and mother with a really cool day job, Abbie loves ginger and believes in its virtues. And she's all natural, like her products.