Gluten-free Shallot & Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
Even though Thanksgiving traditional calls for a big, fat turkey in the center of the table, not everyone sitting around it wants that for dinner Think about your vegan and plant-based guests and add a wonderfully flavorful side dish: shallot and horseradish mashed potatoes. This is a gluten-free and dairy-free recipe and only calls for six ingredients and outside of mashing the potatoes, it's pretty easy to make. And even easier to eat. Just look at that photo!
Gluten-free Shallot & Horseradish Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 redskin potatoes, cubed
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 tsp prepared horseradish (I like Farmers brand, there is no added sugar or dairy)
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Boil potatoes (with skins on) until soft.
- While the potatoes are boiling, in a small pan, use 1 tablespoon of olive oil to saute shallots until soft and almost start to brown. Drain potatoes.
- Add cooked shallots, remaining olive oil, horseradish, and almond milk to potatoes.
- Using a hand mixer, mix together until smooth. Add more almond milk to desired creaminess.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Fini!