Heavenly Multigrain Blueberry Coffee Cake
Who doesn't love a little coffee cake? Whether as a slice with your morning joe or as a quick after-school snack, coffee cake makes for a tasty treat. But it often is loaded with sugar and is high in fat so you don't want to indulge too much, right? Well, here's a way to get around that with a delicious five-grain blueberry version made with honey and is antioxidant rich.
Great River 5-Grain Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Great River Five Grain Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp organic lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine honey, butter and milk. Beat well.
- Add vanilla, lemon peel and egg. Beat again.
- Pour this mixture into mix and beat until smooth.
- Turn into greased 8"x8"x2" pan.
- Sprinkle with berries and cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.