Heirloom Tomato and Stone Fruit Salad Recipe by Celeb Chef Stephanie Izard
Stephanie Izard, one of Chicago's most well-known and celebrated chefs who also happens to be the first woman to have ever won Bravo TV's cooking competition Top Chef, launched The Flavor, her own line of sauces and marinades. The Flavor is being sold exclusively on Abe's Market (other than on Izard's own site) and we also have some super-easy recipes that use her products. For this one, Izard suggests using The Marinade, a soy-based sauce with Dijon mustard, brown sugar, ginger puree, mint, molasses and more. That combined with fresh stonefruit (she suggests apricots, peaches and plums, but you can use anything you'd like), mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes is a refreshingly delicious late-summer treat to accompany any meal.
Stephanie Izard's Heirloom Tomato & Stonefruit Salad
Yield: 4 side portions
* Any of your favorite stonefruit may be used!
- 2 small apricots, sliced thin
- 2 plums, sliced thin
- 1 large underripe peach, sliced thin
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, medium diced
- 1 tablespoon sorrel, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- ½ C. small mozzarella balls
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (check out Abe's selection)
- ½ cup The Marinade
- For dressing: Whisk together oil and marinade.
- Combine all stonefruit, tomatoes, herbs and mozzarella. Toss with liberal amount of dressing.