A Hemp-filled Guacamole Recipe to Make You Say "Ole!"
Who doesn't love a little guacamole and chips? How about adding a powerful fiber-filled protein to your table with this deliciously spicy hemp guacamole recipe from our friends at Nutiva? Just grab some fresh avocados, some lime, chiles and a few more ingredients and you're all set. Don't forget the chips!
Guacamole with Hemp Oil and Hemp Seed Recipe
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 1/2 red onion (minced; about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Hempseed
- 1-2 serrano chiles (stems and seeds removed; minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 T cilantro (leaves and tender stems; finely chopped)
- 2 T lime juice (fresh squeezed; can be substituted with lemon juice)
- 1 T Palm Oil
- 1/2-1 tsp coarse salt (to taste)
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tomato (ripe; seeds and pulp removed; chopped)
- Red radish (to garnish; can be substituted with jicama)
- Cut avocados in half. Remove pit. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocados, but don't overdo it! The guacamole should be a little chunky.
- Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime or lemon, salt and pepper and mash some more.
- Chile peppers vary individually in their heat level, so start with half of one pepper and add to the guacamole to your desired degree of heat. Be careful handling the peppers; wash your hands thoroughly after handling and do not touch your eyes or the area near your eyes with your hands for several hours.
- Chilling tomatoes hurts their flavor, so don't chop the tomatoes or add to the guacamole until ready to serve. Just before serving, chop the tomatoes, add to the guacamole and mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to avoid browning. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips.