Honey Balsamic Greek Yogurt Parfait with Berries
Whether for breakfast or a protein-filled afternoon snack, this honey balsamic Greek yogurt parfait with berries hits the spot. This recipe, courtesy of our friends at Norm's Farms, combines the antioxidant goodness of their elderberry jelly with fresh strawberries and blackberries, adds the sweet bitterness from balsamic vinegar before layering it into Greek yogurt. What's not to love?
Berry Balsamic Greek Yogurt Parfait Recipe
(Yields 4 medium-sized parfaits)
- 16 oz honey or vanilla flavored organic Greek yogurt (full
fat is best!)
- 12 ripe strawberries, washed, trimmed and sliced thin
- 20 ripe blackberries, washed
- 4 oz Norm’s Farms Elderberry Jelly
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Gently melt the elderberry jelly over very low heat,
- When the jelly is
melted, add the balsamic vinegar, stir well to blend the flavors.
- Place prepared fruit in a medium sized bowl
and drizzle the jelly/balsamic vinegar glaze over the fruit, mix well.
- Select 4 wine glasses or Champagne flutes and carefully
place a dollop (about 2 or 3 tablespoons) of Greek yogurt in the bottom of each
- Add several tablespoons of the glazed fruit and syrup to each glass and continue to layer the yogurt and glazed fruit, finishing with the fruit. Use every bit of glaze in the process as you don’t want to miss a single drop!