It's a Miracle Mexicali Rice & Black Bean Salad Recipe
Add a little south of the border flavor to your Super Bowl party that your vegan and vegetarian friends will love. This Mexicali Rice & Black Bean Salad, using Miracle Rice, offers a gluten free and wheat free option for your Super Bowl bash. Mix in cilantro, garlic, red bell pepper, avocado and healthy coconut and olive oils, put it out and watch it get gobbled up!
Mexicali Miracle Rice & Black Bean Salad
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion, red or white, diced (optional)
- Two garlic cloves
- 2 packages of Miracle Rice
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Sea salt (optional, to taste)
- Lime juice
- Slice red pepper. Heat pan and saute with garlic
in olive oil and a little coconut oil in frying pan.
- Add 1 white or red onion (optional). Place two
cans of black beans, drained, after rinsing in cold water, in colander for three minutes. Add to pan. Saute for five minutes on medium
- Prepare two bags of Miracle Rice, rinsing in
colander for 3 minutes, then place in boiling water for 1 minute. Pat dry, mix with beans for five minutes in covered pan.
- Add ¼ cup of lime juice, ¼ cup of chopped cilantro, red onion and avocado.