Mediterranean Thanksgiving? Try Pumpkin Orzo Antipasti
Thanksgiving traditions are hard to break, but sometimes you want mix things up. Try adding this deliciously healthy pumpkin orzo antipasti from HerbNZest. It'll add a nice Mediterranean slant to dinner before you head back into your traditional turkey. Or do you?
HerbNZest's Pumpkin Orzo Antipasti Recipe
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 jarred artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup pitted Mediterranean olives
- 1/3 cup HerbNZest Curry Pumpkin Pesto
- 4-5 basil leaves, chopped into long strips
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, pour in orzo and sea salt and cook according to package instructions.
- While orzo is cooking, prepare vegetables: Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes and cut the artichoke hearts (which typically have already been halved) in half or chop them into smaller pieces.
- When orzo is al dente, strain water and pour the orzo into a bowl.
- Mix in the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olive oil, olives and pesto sauce.
- Once the sauce is thoroughly mixed in, garnish with basil leaves and serve warm or hot.