Smoothie of the Week: Coconut Chai Breakfast Smoothie
Trying to decide between your morning tea or a frosty smoothie? You can have both! Try this Coconut Chai Breakfast Smoothie for a refreshing iced version of a traditional spicy black tea.
Tealish Coconut Chai Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced and frozen overnight
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 slices of fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 T honey or agave
- Dash of coconut extract
- 1 cup iced chai tea (see notes)
- Shredded coconut
- Put all ingredients into blender and process until smooth.
- Serve in
chilled glasses and top with cinnamon and coconut. Enjoy!
Iced Chai Tea Recipe
If you don’t already have a jug of iced chai tea sitting in
your fridge, no one would blame you. Don't worry — it only takes a few extra
moments to make a glass of freshly brewed iced tea. All you need to make this
magic happen is:
- 4 T of your favorite loose leaf chai tea
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 glass of ice
- Start by brewing your tea. Put the leaves in a brewing
vessel, pour the boiling water over them and allow to steep for 3-5 minutes. You
want to create a very strong infusion.
- When the tea is steeped, pour it over the glass of ice.
- The ice will
begin to melt, cooling the tea and diluting that strong brew. You'll
be left with the perfect glass of iced tea!