Make a Date for Coconut Flour Pancakes
Short stack. Silver dollar. Buttermilk. Cinnamon raisin. The list of pancakes we love goes on and on. Oftentimes, they use regular pancake mix or all-purpose flour, which can be pretty dense. This recipe, from the Date Lady, utilizes coconut flour and her date syrup for a lighter, gluten-free pancake that can likely be enjoyed by those eating a paleo diet. They're super easy to make, are high in fiber and protein and, well pretty darn tasty!
Date Coconut Flour Pancake Recipe
- 8 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups milk
- 2 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- We recommend using a whisk for this recipe as it will not only help you evenly distribute the eggs, but it will help disburse the coconut flour throughout, preventing the initial lumps from hanging around.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, date syrup and coconut oil together until nice and emulsified.
- Add in coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour onto a prepared griddle (the Date Lady recommends a well seasoned iron cast skillet with a tablespoon of coconut oil added to in the beginning).
- Flip pancake after sufficient bubbles form and cook through.