Mini Lasagnas & Gluten-free Spaghetti Squash Crust Pizza
Do you know what you're making for dinner tonight? Next week? Meal planning can be a chore, but it doesn't have to be. Everyone has their likes and dislikes — and if you're making dinner for the family, you know how challenging this can be at times. Abe's wants to help so we've reached out to some of our sellers to help give you fresh, new recipe ideas to make full meals and some snacks.
Our latest recipes come from Mama Jess, a
Chicago-based seller that makes some wickedly delicious organic sauces that are vegetarian- and vegan-friendly, but also go extremely well with meat-based
recipes. They've even offered up a kid-friendly, gluten-free pizza recipe.
Mama Jess Bean Good Mini Lasagnas
Ingredients (makes 12 cupcakes)
- 8 oz. (1/2 pound) ground lean turkey (sub with any lean meat or meat substitute)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 small organic zucchini, chopped fine
- 12 oz. (1/2 jar) Mama Jess Bean Good
- 1 1/2 cups low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teas. dried basil
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim milk
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat Oven to 375˚F.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or 1 T olive oil. Brown the meat. Set aside once cooked through. Tip: place it on a plate with a paper towel to drain any fat.
- Using same pan, sauté the onions, mushrooms & zucchini for a few minutes. Return meat to pan and add the Bean Good sauce. Cook for a couple minutes to thicken mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano and salt & pepper.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Place 1 wonton wrapper firmly in each cup.
- Using half the ricotta mixture, spoon one tablespoon in each muffin cup. Next spoon half of turkey sauce mixture into each muffin cup. Sprinkle each cup with 2 tsp of mozzarella.
- Press another wonton wrapper on top of last layer (mozzarella cheese) and repeat layering process one more time (wrapper, ricotta, turkey sauce, mozzarella
- Bake for 10 minutes or until wonton is golden and cheese has melted. Let cups cool for 5 minutes, remove & serve.
Mama Jess Gluten-free Spaghetti Squash Crust Pizza
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash (approx. 1/2 large squash) -- see Mama Jess blog for squash cooking instructions
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella, shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Mama Jess Garden Good Pasta Sauce (or use Bean Good)
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400. Line pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine spaghetti squash, mozzarella cheese, egg, egg whites, garlic, spices, salt and pepper. Mix together until well combined. Set aside for about 5 minutes. Drain any liquid forming at the bottom of the bowl. Press squash mixture evenly into parchment paper lined pan.
- Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes. While the crust is baking, saute the mushrooms and onion until mushrooms are soft and onions are translucent. Remove from heat. Remove pizza crust from oven when crust appears dry and golden.
- Spread Garden Good sauce over the crust. Sprinkle your onion, mushrooms and arugula over sauce. Top with cheeses. Return to 400-degree oven and bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and edges of crust are browned. Cool for about 5 minutes before cutting into the pizza. Tip: It may be easier to lift the parchment paper off of the pizza pan and place on cutting board.