Mole Beef Tacos with Napa Cabbage Pico de Gallo
Are you doing Cinco de Mayo? Craft a batch of these mole beef tacos with Napa cabbage pico de gallo. Our pal Larry, from Larry's Southwestern Sauces, gave us this recipe. They use his smoky sweet mole sauce mixed with minced jalapeño or serrano peppers and cilantro but get a sweet finish with diced apple, pear or mango. You better believe they're tasty!
Want to win a 3-pack of Larry's Southwestern Sauces? Click here to enter!
Mole Beef Tacos with Napa Cabbage Pico de Gallo Recipe
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 16 oz. jar of Larry's Mole Sauce
- 1/2 tsp each salt and black pepper
- 2 cups finely sliced Napa cabbage
- 2 T minced fresh jalapeño or serrano pepper
- 2 T minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup diced apple, pear or mango
- 8 to 10 crispy or soft corn tortillas
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. About five minutes.
- Add Larry's Mole Sauce, stir and simmer until bubbling, about 10 minutes. Keep warm.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the Napa cabbage, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, tomato, fruit and lime juice.
- Warm the soft tortillas until pliable or use the crispy tortillas.
- Spoon portions of beef mole into the tortillas, sprinkle the cabbage/pico mixture over that and dig in.