Mole Grilled Salmon Barbacoa
Mole grilled salmon barbacoa is a recipe for salmon steaks or fillets, marinated in Larry's Southwestern Mole Sauce and cooked on the backyard barbecue, either charcoal or gas. The slightly oily salmon matches really well with the dark rich mole sauce making this a go-to fish on the grill recipe.
Mole Grilled Salmon Barbacoa Recipe
- 4 six to eight ounce salmon fillets or steaks
- 1 16 ounce jar Larry's Southwestern Mole Sauce
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- Place the salmon in a shallow baking dish or pan. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 cup of Larry's Southwestern Mole Sauce over the fish. Cover with foil and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Prepare your barbecue grill for medium high heat. Clean the grill and brush it with the vegetable oil.
- Place the salmon pieces on the grill and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, basting with the marinade.
- Remove the salmon from the grill and plate. Heat the remaining mole sauce and serve on the side.