Mole Mole Mole Pulled Pork Tacos with Napa Cabbage Slaw
I discovered Larry's Southwestern Sauces mole sauce a few months back and it has become one of my most favorites things to cook with. I recently made a simple cut-up chicken and rice dinner by adding the sauce to the chicken and baking it, covered, for about 25 minutes. To say it had insane flavor is an understatement. So when Larry sent me this recipe for his mole pulled pork tacos, I knew I had to share it. To make things easier, you can buy non-seasoned pulled pork at your local grocery store, butcher or Mexican specialty market. Or you can make your own — it'll just take a little longer for you to eat. That's your decision; we wouldn't want you to have to wait that long.
Mole Pulled Pork Tacos with Napa Cabbage Slaw
- One 16 oz jar Larry's Mole Sauce
- 1 and 1/2 lbs pulled pork w/out bbq sauce
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 2 cups finely-shredded Napa cabbage
- Juice of one lime
- 4 T minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- Place the mole sauce into a medium-sized saucepan. Add the pulled pork, cover and simmer over medium low for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Warm the corn tortillas until they are pliable. Cover and keep warm.
- Place the shredded cabbage in a bowl, pour the lime juice over and stir.
- Place equal amounts of the mole pulled pork on the warm tortillas, sprinkle with equal portions of Napa cabbage slaw, sprinkle with the minced cilantro or parsley and serve.
- Serves 4.