A Mushroom & A Brussels Sprout Walk Into a Bar...
Well, actually they walk into a saute pan, but thinking about a Brussels sprout and a mushroom with hands and feet walking into a bar to get a drink is just a little more fun. But tasty? Not as much so let's go back to the saute pan and get cooking this great recipe from our friends at Cocomama.
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts sliced thin
- 2 cups king oyster mushrooms (any mushroom you like can work), chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (it's super healthy)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 oz raw pumpkin seeds
How to Prepare
- Chop Brussels sprouts (cut off base, slice thin), almost as your would an onion, without cutting it in half first.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan and add Brussels sprouts
- Sauté over medium-high heat until the edges are browned and the sprouts are soft (*mid sauté snacking encouraged!)
- Add a dash of salt, stir and remove from heat and place Brussels sprouts in a dish on the side
- Return pan to heat, add some fresh oil if needed and slowly sauté mushrooms until soft.
- Once the mushrooms are done; add Brussels Sprouts back to pan, give it another dash of salt, one last stir and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with raw pumpkin seeds or any crunchy garnish of your choice and serve.