On the Side: Toasted Walnut Ginger Carrot Salad
Sure, when we talk about going for brunch, most of the time we talk about bacon and eggs, omelets, pancakes and the like. That's the "br" part of brunch. But what about when you want to "unch"? Sometimes you sleep in longer, sit around and read the paper with a cup of coffee at home and then think about eating. When you want more of a savory brunch you can have burgers, sandwiches and more. But what about what's on the side? This simply made ginger carrot salad, which uses Morris Kitchen's ginger syrup, is anything but simple. The flavor pops when the ginger mixes with carrots, pecorino cheese, walnuts and more. So go ahead, sleep in. You can always eat later.
Toasted Walnut Ginger Carrot Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch of carrots
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup shaved pecorino cheese
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Toast walnuts with sea salt and olive oil.
- Grate carrots and chop parsley, toss with dressing.
- Top off the salad with walnuts and pecorino.