Pumpkin Bread! With Chocolate Chips!
By: Ari Bendersky Editor in Chief November 5th, 2013
Can you think of a better fall snack than a warm slice of pumpkin bread? How about pumpkin bread with chocolate chips?! Yeah, we thought you'd be pretty happy with that added extra. Excuse us, we need to go eat some. Right now.
Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2-2/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 3-1/3 cups flour (maybe use one from Great River Organic Milling)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 T Frontier Soups Autumn Pumpkin Spice Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 8 oz. chocolate chips
- In large bowl or mixer, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and pumpkin and beat well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients and add alternately with water to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Lightly butter the inside of two large loaf pans or 3 medium pans. Pour in mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees 50-55 minutes for the large loaf size pan or 40-45 minutes for the medium pans.
- Test for doneness with a toothpick or by lightly pressing with a fingertip on the top of the loaf, it should be firm and springy.
- Let cool, then gently run a knife around the edge of the loaf to pry away from the pan. Remove loaf, slice and serve!
Be In The Know!
Want to stay on top of news and promotions from Abe's? Sign up for our newsletter.
Editor in Chief
Ari joined Abe's Market after years of covering music, lifestyle, wine and food for the New York Times, AP, Rolling Stone, Eater, Huff Post and more. He lives naturally by biking, hiking, green juicing and avoiding high-fructose corn syrup at all costs.