Quinoa Breakfast Cereal with Berries, Almonds & Chia Seeds
Back away from that bowl of corn flakes and load up on a much healthier breakfast option. Quinoa isn't just for dinner and offers a balanced way to kick off your day. You'll have more energy, stay full longer and be less apt to snack. And this recipe, which includes fruit, nuts and chia seeds, gives you an extra boost to get moving.
Quinoa Breakfast Cereal with Berries, Almonds and Chia
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cup vanilla soy milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 2 T slivered almonds
- 1 T chia seeds
- In a medium sized saucepan, boil the soy milk.
- Once boiled, add the quinoa and reduce the heat
to medium. Cover the quinoa and cook until all of the liquid is absorbed.
Approximately 20 minutes.
- After the quinoa is cooked, remove it from the
heat and stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Divide the quinoa into two bowls and top with
blueberries, banana, slivered almonds and chia seeds.
- Serve warm.