Ride the Currant & Make These Scones
If you fancy a morning muffin you'll love its flaky cousin, scone. These wonderful currant scones, made with Great River Organic Milling buttermilk pancake mix, incorporate juicy and tart currants that not only add lovely flavor, but also a gorgeous pop of color to contrast the light bready color. They only take a few minutes to prepare and about 15 to bake, but you can savor them for a while. Assuming you don't gobble them up too quickly, which is always a possibility.
Currant Scones Recipe
- 2 cup Great River Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 T sugar or honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup currants
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut butter into mix or use pastry blender or food processor to blend in butter to the consistency of coarse meal.
- Mix in sugar and currants.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs and then add water. Add to mix and stir until all ingredients are moistened.
- Turn onto floured surface, knead a few times and divide dough into two balls. Pat each into a circle one inch thick. Cut into wedges.
- Arrange pieces on a slightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.