Sauce Goddess Sweet Heat Bone-in Ribeye
Grill up a sweet heat feast with these bone-in ribeyes. The Sauce Goddess has a super easy recipe that uses her BBQ Sweet Heat Spice Rub and suggests adding in the Sweet Red Devil Sauce with hot sauce and cayenne to give the steaks a hearty kick! Add some asparagus and you're good to go.
Sauce Goddess Sweet Heat Bone-in Ribeye Recipe
- Remove steaks from the fridge and pat them dry. Rub all surfaces of each steak
(even the sides) with 1 tablespoon of Sweet Heat Spice Rub. Return to the fridge for 1
hour at the most. Remove and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Get your charcoal going. Once they are close to red hot, divide them into 2 piles,
one with more hot coals, one pile with less. This will give you a hot area of your
grill and one that is not as hot. If using a gas grill, turn one side higher than the other.
- Once grill is hot, drizzle your steaks with a bit of oil over the rub mixture
and place them on the hot grill area. They should really sizzle at first. Do not move
your steak for 3 minutes or until charred looking and still very soft to the touch.
- Flip and cook 3 minutes on the other side. Look for the same charred surface and
soft feel when you press into it. We are only searing the surface to seal in the juices.
- Flip again (back to the first side) and move to smaller coal area of the grill.
- Cover your grill at this point and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and repeat.
- Press into the steak to check for doneness at this point. It should feel slightly firm for medium rare. If you must cut into it to check doneness, go ahead but I think it lets the juices run out.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.