Smoothie of the Week: Justin's Cran Coconut Almond Butter
So many of us start our day by running out the door and maybe grabbing a doughnut or a banana. That's a great way to get moving. Sense some sarcasm there? Take a few extra minutes to make yourself a gluten-free, protein-packed, antioxidant-rich smoothie that combines Justin's almond butter, chia seeds, flax seeds, blueberries, OJ, honey and even some basil plus more. This will give you the energy you need to get your day going and going and going.
Gluten-free Cranberry Coconut Almond Butter Smoothie Recipe
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 10 fresh cherries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 T ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup Justin's almond butter
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 T coconut flakes
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 T fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 tsp fresh orange zest
- Handful of ice cubes (to chill; optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass; serve chilled.