Spiced Quinoa Parfait With Vanilla, Honey & Greek Yogurt
Anyone can have a bowl of Greek yogurt with some blueberries tossed in, but you aren't just anybody. You need, and frankly, deserve something more. Give your breakfast routine a kick in the pants with this healthy and protein-packed spiced quinoa parfait. Take it up a few notches with some spices, honey and almonds. With all the health benefits quinoa has to offer, your day just got better.
Spiced Quinoa Parfait with Almonds, Honey, Vanilla and Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 T honey
- 2 containers of Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 2 cups berries
- 3 T slivered almonds
- In a medium saucepan bring the water, quinoa,
and cinnamon sticks to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is at a boil, reduce the heat to
medium-high and cover. Cook until all of the liquid is absorbed (approximately
20 minutes). Be sure to stir the quinoa from time to time to avoid having any
stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After quinoa is fully cooked, remove from
heat and stir in the nutmeg, vanilla and honey. Add more honey if you want it
to be sweeter.
- Chill quinoa for at least one hour.
- After quinoa is chilled, divide it equally
between four glasses and top with Greek yogurt, berries and slivered almonds.