Spike it With Zema's Buffalo Rosemary Chicken Fries
Tailgating is all about bringing people together to get revved up for the big game. This isn't the time to plan elaborate meals that require a lot of time to cook and a fussy set up to eat. That said, finger foods play well out in the field. This dish, from Zema's Madhouse Foods, requires a little more at-home prep time, but is ready to eat as soon as you get to the game. And if someone gets hungry on the way down? Just pop a tasty chicken fry in your mouth. Best thing about this recipe? It's gluten free, but still full of flavor.
Zema's Gluten-free Buffalo Chicken Fries
- 1 cup Zema’s gluten-free Rosemary-Millet Focaccia & Pizza Crust
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in deep pot with a deep frying
thermometer attached. Make sure oil is
deep enough to submerge chicken strips in.
- Cut chicken into ½” strips (thinner than usual chicken strips). Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In bowl 2, place Zema’s mix. You can add any additional spices here (oregano,
black pepper, red chili pepper flakes or paprika).
- In bowl 3, whisk milk and egg.
- When oil is heated to desired temperature,
use tongs to dip 4 to 5 chicken strips in egg mixture and then flour mix. Carefully drop strips into hot oil for 3 to 4
- Remove with flat strainer and
place on cookie sheet lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil. Sprinkle with sea salt. Repeat.
- Dip in homemade dairy-free buffalo sauce (recipe
Gluten-free Buffalo Sauce
- 1 ½ T white vinegar
- 3 ½ T hot sauce
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- 6 T dairy free butter (or butter)
- 1 tsp. worchester sauce
- Place all ingredients in a small pot and heat thoroughly.