This Baked Spicy Chicken Truly is Peachy
Chicken is a staple in many homes (unless, of course, you're a vegetarian then having chicken around would just be weird). But sometimes making the same baked or grilled chicken with simple seasonings like salt and pepper gets boring after awhile. Spice up dinner with some hot peach chutney from the Virginia Chutney Company. It's hot because they mix in spicy habaneros, but balance it with some sweet from apples, brown sugar, raisins, apricots and, well, peaches. Add in some Dijon mustard and your chicken might get up and do a dance. Or you will after you eat it. We forget exactly what happens. You'll just have to make it to find out.
Virginia Chutney Co's Hot Peach Chutney & Mustard Glazed Chicken
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard (Woodstock Farms makes a tasty GMO-free and organic mustard)
- 3 T Hot Peach Chutney
- 2-3 lbs. chicken
- Combine mustard and chutney.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a lightly greased roasting pan. Fold wings under and tie legs together, if desired. Brush with mustard/chutney mix.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into chicken thigh registers 180. Brush occasionally with chutney.
- NOTE: To serve this sauce alongside chicken, double the ingredients.