This is One Gourd-geous Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
You love a green smoothie (frankly, who doesn't?!). It helps you start your day with a burst of protein, fiber and nutrients. But as we move into fall, why not change things up and make yourself a seasonally driven drink? By incorporating pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg, you're not only adding wonderful fall flavors, but you're benefiting from their natural goodness.
Seasonal Fall Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ banana
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1-2 T flaxseed
Blend all ingredients until smooth and enjoy!
Pumpkin Smoothie Benefits
- Cinnamon helps reduce inflammation, lower blood sugar levels and aid in digestion.
- Pumpkin is packed with immune-boosting beta-carotene, contains weight-controlling fiber and carotenoids, which help keep skin wrinkle free.
- Nutmeg, in addition to tasting delicious, can act as a sleep aid, help digestion and is loaded with potassium, calcium, iron and manganese.
- Flaxseed, a small but potent superfood, adds soluble and insoluble fiber, is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids and has a high number of lignans, which contain powerful antioxidant properties.