This Raspberry Chia Spread is the Jam
We've talked about how much we love superfoods like chia — those tiny yet powerful seeds that pack a serious punch. Chia seeds are loaded with fiber, protein, antioxidants, essential fatty acids like Omegas 3 and 6 and minerals like potassium and magnesium. Chia can offer a boost of energy, help maintain weight, keep you regular, reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer and much more.
There are plenty of ways to include chia in your diet, like adding seeds to a smoothie or a bowl of oatmeal; you can even mix them into pancakes or cookies before baking. Or you can make this easy raspberry chia recipe and spread it on a piece of toast, mix it in with yogurt or cottage cheese or blend it into a drink. Ready to try?
Raspberry Chia Seed Jam
While we're using fresh raspberries here, you can use almost any fresh berries, like blueberries, blackberries or strawberries, as we found on the Eating Bird Food blog, and even mix some together. Our recipe is adapted from hers.
- 1 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T water
- Agave nectar to taste for added sweetness, if needed
- Blend or mash raspberries (if frozen, let thaw first). Mashing allows for a thicker consistency.
- Mix in chia seeds and water. Add a few drops of sweetener if needed.
- Cover and let cool in fridge for about an hour.