Wake Up For These Gluten-free & Vegan Cinnamon-Oatmeal Blueberry Breakfast Bars
Unless you're an extreme morning person, waking up is generally hard to do. So many of us don't have time for or forget to eat breakfast. We grab a fat-riddled muffin, a carb-heavy bagel or just have a cup of coffee on the run. But our friend's at Zema's Madhouse Foods created a delicious recipe using their gluten-free Cinnamon-Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix. It's vegan and dairy free and full of flavor to get your day off to a tasty start.
Zemas Gluten- and Dairy-free Cinnamon-Oatmeal Blueberry Breakfast Bars
Makes 12-16 squares
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 package Zemas gluten-free Cinnamon-Oatmeal Apple Muffin mix
- 3 T coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup dairy-free butter substitute (or regular butter if you prefer)
- 4 T grapeseed oil (we recommend eSutras cold-pressed oil)
- 1 cup rolled gluten-free oats
- 1½ cups fruit juice sweetened blueberry jam (Crofter's Organic makes a tasty one)
- Line a jelly roll pan (approx. 8 x12 x1) with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, combine Zemas mix and sugar.
- In a stand-mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter, 2 T grapeseed oil and dry mixture. Mixture will be coarse, but will hold together. Save 1 cup of the mixture and set aside.
- Pour the rest of the mixture into a 9 x12 jelly roll pan, lined with parchment paper.
- With a rubber spatula pat down the mixture into a firm base. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes or place in freezer for 10 minutes for quicker results.
- When still a bit warm, spread the jam evenly over the base. Take the remaining 1 cup of mixture and add rolled oats and 2 T. grapeseed oil. With your fingers, loosely place the mixture on top of the jam.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool, cut and serve.