Spice it Up: Wasabi Pea Soup With Ginger Recipe
It's officially fall and that means it's officially time for soup! Sure, the temps may still be hovering in the 70s and the sun is shining high (well, depending where you are), but that doesn't mean you can't start preparing for when they start dipping. Cold evenings call for hot soup and we have a great recipe to get things really spicy! Our Ginger People organic minced ginger teams up with wasabi and peas to make a wonderfully flavorful soup that adds some heat that not only tastes great, but is also healthy.
Ginger People Wasabi Pea Soup with Ginger
- 2 small onions, diced
- 4 T of The Ginger People® Organic Minced Ginger
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 13 oz peas, deep-frozen or fresh
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Stew onions in a pot, add peas, minced ginger and wasabi and deglaze it with the vegetable or chicken stock.
- Boil up and let it simmer for 6-7 minutes until the peas are cooked.
- Add half of the crème fraîche and puree it.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and fill the soup into bowls.
- Before serving, garnish each serving with a teaspoon crème fraîche.
- Serves four.