When Short Ribs & Hot Sauce Collide
By: Ari Bendersky Editor in Chief May 14th, 2013
Sweet and Spicy Beef Short Ribs
- 2 lbs beef short ribs
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 T sea salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked cayenne pepper
- 2 T cocoa
- 1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 T Bigfat's 3o8 garlic ginger hot sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl adjusting sugar and cocoa to taste. Add more or less 3o8 hot sauce if preferred.
- Dip each rib into sauce and place in holding dish. Pour remaining sauce over the ribs and let marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Once grill is hot enough place ribs on grill. Cook 5-7 minutes per side until sauce caramelizes or until desired cooking temp is reached. Be careful as the sauce can start a fire and that would just be not fun.
- Serve with steamed rice or veggies and enjoy.
Be In The Know!
Want to stay on top of news and promotions from Abe's? Sign up for our newsletter.
Editor in Chief
Ari joined Abe's Market after years of covering music, lifestyle, wine and food for the New York Times, AP, Rolling Stone, Eater, Huff Post and more. He lives naturally by biking, hiking, green juicing and avoiding high-fructose corn syrup at all costs.