Zesty Fried Chicken With DIY Bread Crumbs
By: Ari Bendersky Abe's Market Contributor June 18th, 2014
Fried chicken doesn't have to taste bland. Use Primizie Crispbreads to make your own zesty crumbs for the breading. Then add more spices like garlic, chili powder and cloves and — boom! — fried chicken to write home about!
Zesty Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound all natural chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 T granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups Primizie Crispbread crumbs, chili or classic flavor (food process to bread crumb consistency)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Season chicken with salt
- Stir together 1/3 cup flour and next 4
- Whisk eggs just until foamy and stir in pressed
- Place a wire roasting rack coated with cooking
spray in a 15x10 inch sheet pan.
- Dredge chicken tenders in flour mixture, shaking
off excess; dip in egg mixture and dredge in Crispbread crumbs.
- Lightly coat chicken on each side with cooking
spray; arrange chicken on wire rack.
- Bake at 425° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and done, turning once after 12 minutes.
Be In The Know!
Want to stay on top of news and promotions from Abe's? Sign up for our newsletter.
Abe's Market Contributor
Ari joined Abe's Market after years of covering music, lifestyle, wine and food for the New York Times, AP, Rolling Stone, Eater, Huff Post and more. He lives naturally by biking, hiking, green juicing and avoiding high-fructose corn syrup at all costs.