Zesty & Tangy Ginger Lime Tuna Steaks
Grilling season is upon us. Sure, you can easily toss some burgers or hot dogs on the grill, but step up your game with a zesty and tangy option that's full of flavor and so much healthier: ginger-lime tuna steaks. The prep on this couldn't be easier with The Ginger People's organic ginger juice and some fresh lime juice. Add in some chili powder and garlic, let it marinade and then toss it on the grill for a few minutes. Don't leave it on too long; you can dry it out. Pair this with a lemon kale salad and some sustainably produced wine like rosé, light pinot noir or a fruitier sauvignon blanc for a delicious meal.
Ginger Lime Tuna Steaks Recipe
Makes 6 servings. Serving size: 4 ounces.
- 6 (4 ounce) tuna steaks (can also use swordfish or halibut)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp the Ginger People® Organic Ginger Juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Dash, ground chili powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Place fish in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add marinade, turn fish once to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grill fish 4 inches from heat over a medium heat for 7-10 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Frequently brush with remaining marinade while cooking. Discard any remaining marinade.